Montgomery County Maryland
Regional Service Centers & Citizens Advisory Boards
Regional Service Centers
East County Citizens Advisory Board (ECCAB)
- Welcome to the Website of the East County Citizens Advisory Board. The Board represents the interests of citizens before County, State and Federal officials and agencies. We meet once a month on the first Wednesday of every month (except in August) at the East County Regional Services Center 3300 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring, MD.
Upcounty Advisory Board (UCAB)
- The Upcounty Citizens Advisory Board (UCAB) represents more than 280,000 residents in the upcounty area, north of Shady Grove Road and including the communities of Boyds, Clarksburg, Darnestown, Damascus, Derwood, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Goshen, Laytonsville, Hyattstown, Dickerson, Barnesville, Beallsville, Tobytown, Washington Grove, Montgomery Village, Poolesville and parts of North Potomac.
- The UCAB meetings are held on Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m. at the Upcounty Regional Services Center (unless otherwise noted), 12900 Middlebrook Road, Conference Room A, Germantown, Maryland 20874. The center is located at the intersection of Middlebrook Road and Route 118 adjacent to the Germantown Commons Shopping Center. All UCAB and committee meetings are open to the public.
Western Montgomery Citizens Advisory Board
- The Western Montgomery County Citizens Advisory Board is comprised of 15 representatives from both the residential and business communities in Bethesda, Cabin John, Chevy Chase, Friendship Heights, Garrett Park, Glen Echo, North Bethesda, and Potomac. The Board members are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Council.
- The Board meets on the third Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center. The Board meetings are open to the public.
Mid-County Citizens Advisory Board
- The Mid-County Citizens Advisory Board (MCCAB) serves as Montgomery County’s bridge to the 220,000 residents and businesses throughout the 99 square miles of the Mid-County service area. The boundaries of that area extend north to Howard County; south to the Beltway, I-495; east to Sligo Creek Parkway, and west to Rock Creek Park. The MCCAB serves as liaison between the wide network of communities including Aspen Hill, Brookeville, Capital View, Derwood, Flower Valley, Forest Glen, Glenmont, Kemp Mill, Kensington, Layhill, Laytonsville, Norbeck, Olney, Sandy Spring, Upper Rock Creek, and Wheaton; and Montgomery County agencies. The Board provides advice and recommendations to the County Executive on policy and budget issues, planning and goal setting procedures, and legislative matters; educates the community on governmental structures and services; and acts as a facilitator to foster solutions to community problems, needs, and issues.
- The MCCAB meets on the third Tuesday of each month except August, at the Mid-County Regional Services Center, 2424 Reedie Drive, Wheaton, Maryland 20902
Silver Spring Citizens Advisory Board
- This Board discusses and acts on a wide range of issues that affect the Silver Spring Region, which includes the west-east area between Rock Creek Park & the Prince Georges County line, & the north-south boundary of I-495 & the District of Columbia, including all of the City of Takoma Park, & all of Four Corners, including the Four Corners neighborhoods north of I-495.
- Meetings are usually held the second Monday evening of each month at various locations in Silver Spring.
Census data – 2005